FAQ – Members

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I have a question about my club billing statement or account.
A. Call or E-Mail the Treasurer at 785-407-7145, he will be glad to assist you!

Q. I will be away from Manhattan and/or unable to fly for the next few months.  What should I do?
A. If you are going to be away for less than two calendar months, you can request a leave of absence.  During leave of absence your membership dues are only 50%, and your keyfob is disabled.  If you will be away longer than two months we recommend resigning the club and joining again upon your return.  E-Mail the Treasurer to make arrangements.

Q. I need to resign from the club.  How do I do that?
A. E-Mail the Treasurer to make arrangements for your final payment and drop your keyfob in the mailbox in the club room.

Q. I lost or damaged my locker access key fob.
A. Immediately Call or E-Mail the Treasurer, 785-407-7145. Your lost fob will be deactivated and a new one will be activated for you.

Q. If I get an initial checkout in the C-172M, does it also apply to the 172SP (or vice-versa)?
A. No.  There are many differences between these two models of 172.  Fuel capacity, fuel injection, engine starting procedures, use of carb heat in the 172M, and many other differences.  A checkout in 9210H or 9263H will apply toward the other, but you will need a separate checkout for 917MA.

Q. I need to make some practice instrument approaches.  Can I use a qualified non-member as a safety pilot?
A. Yes, as long as you (the club member) are the pilot receiving the training and are acting as Pilot In Command for the entire duration of the flight.  Non-members may not pilot club aircraft.  However, this does not preclude a non-member safety pilot from taking the controls to maneuver around traffic or other safety-related issues.  This cannot be used as a loop-hole to receive instruction from CFI’s that are not club-approved.